diumenge, 28 de novembre del 2010

THE RACE (English composition)

It was the race that the high school organizes every year to raise money for some diseases. Many people were training and preparing themselves for the race. They were running around the playground to warm up. I was looking at them because my leg was hurt so I couldn’t run.

All the participants were wearing sport clothes and tracksuits and Annie, my friend, was one of them. She was almost ready for the race but she was very nervous. We had trained a lot before the race, when my leg was fine!

Finally, all the participants went to their positions and the race started. I was following them with my mother’s car and I saw that Annie was in the forth position. She was running very fast. It all started when the first participant fell to the ground. He started to cry and said that his leg was broken. Most participants continued their race but suddenly, I saw that Annie stopped running. What was she doing? Then, I could see that she was sitting on the ground with the participant who had broken his leg. The next moment, I went there and Annie was helping the boy. I asked her about this and she said me that if you want to be a good athlete, you have to help the other participants. I said to her that she was right but that we had trained a lot for this race! I thought that Annie was a very good person and especially, a very good athlete. I was proud of her.

After a few minutes, the boy was better and the race finished. The teachers were very proud of Annie too and the boy who had broken his leg thanked Annie because she was the only participant who helped him. I think that it was a very nice fact and I’m sure that Annie was right: in sport, the most important is not to win a race. The important thing is to participate and enjoy sport.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

Nota: Només un membre d'aquest blog pot publicar entrades.